Bored of your regular weight loss drinks? Don’t like the raw flavours of ayurvedic drinks? Have trust issues with the so called health drinks available in the market? Give a full stop to these worries. Here we have brought some of the best ayurvedic tea recipes for weight loss which are super healthy, tasty, effective and the best part is that these can be prepared easily at home.
Now imagine a glamorous model taking a sip from her branded green tea cup and telling you it will help you get slim- wow! So easy right! Or may be a young handsome man advertising about a sweat slim belt and telling you it can help you lose weight in just 10 minutes. Well, how convincing! We all know the harsh reality that none of these can help. These flowery ads are nothing but just some tricks to make you fool. You can’t literally lose weight only by drinking some liquids and doing nothing after that. The only truth here we can say is that a good health drink preferably homemade can help detox your body and supply essential antioxidants and nutrients, which in turn help you to manage your body weight. Ayurveda, being one of the most original and years old natural medicine and treatment system has some very effective and powerful formulas for keeping good health. This traditional Indian medicinal system emphasis on natural ingredients and treating any kind of health issues with lifestyle practices such as massage, meditation, dietary changes etc. Here we are sharing some recipes of ayurvedic drinks which can be made easily at home, can be consumed regularly and which can give you not quick but definite good results regarding weight loss.
- Ginger tea- Ginger tea is a refreshing drink. It not only detox your body but also is beneficial to treat cold, cough and body pain. Just add some grated ginger in water and boil it. You can also add tea leaves if you want. Drain the water and brew it hot. You can have it in the morning time.
- Tulsi/holy basil, honey and lime- This is un ultimate combination of taste and health. The flavour of basil with the sweetness of honey and sourness of lemon, when combined makes a real healthy and tasty drink. Just boil the basil leaves in water and add honey and lime. Mix it well and have once in a day. This herbal ayurvedic drink consist all the health benefits of basil, lime and honey and thus is useful for weight management, blood pressure control, heart health, anti-inflammation, glowing skin and numerous other reasons.
- Cumin water- Cumin or jeera is a good source of iron and contains beneficial plant compound. Soak one tea spoon of cumin in a glass of water overnight and have the cumin water in the morning. It not only aids weight loss but also lowers cholesterol, fights bacteria and parasites and helps control blood sugar as well.
- Gooseberry drink– Indian gooseberry or Amla is a super food. It is high in fibre, a good source of vitamin C and rich in antioxidants. It is low in calories. After separating the seed from the fruit, you can grind it in a mixer grinder with some water and take out its juice. Now mix the raw juice with more water, add honey or jaggery, salt and make a tasty ayurvedic health drink.
- Aloe Vera drink– Aloe vera has gained recent popularity in health drinks, cosmetics and even as medicine. This super ingredient has been used in ayurveda since long in making natural herbal medicines and in several ayurvedic treatments as well. If you are following any particuls ayurvedic tea recipe and adding aloe vera in it, it will definitely come out with more health benefits. You can take out the aloe vera gel part from the plant, mix it with water and have it. You can also boil it in water and have it as a healthy hot drink.
- Fenugreek water- Fenugreek seed water is one of the easiest and healthiest ayurvedic drink recipe. You just need to soak the seeds in water overnight, drain the water and have it. Half tea spoon of seeds in a glass of water is enough for a perfect fenugreek water. This herbal drink not only helps in weight loss but also treats PCOD.
- Masala black tea- As Indian masala chai tea recipe is popular for its amazing taste and flavour, masala black tea is also popular for its taste, flavours and a lot of health benefits. This ayurvedic tea recipe includes organic orthodox black tea leaves, Indian spices like cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaves etc. This is a flavourful drink that is mostly consumed in winters.
Like above there are many detox tea in ayurveda. Some natural ingredients or their juice blended with tea, boiled or mixed with water can get you an amazingly effective ayurvedic drink. Raw turmeric, bitter gourd, bottle gourd, neem, ashwagandha, brahmi, blue pea flower are some ingredients. If you want to know how to lose weight in ayurveda, the main thing you should take note on is that you should be consistent. Ayurvedic treatments take time but cure it from the root. So be patient, have faith and continue your journey of good health.